Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Proverbs 16:18, Where pride has no value.

I just came down from downstairs where my dad was as usual giving people hell in their lives. My father has often preached the works of responsibility and such, but he does so in a very prideful way. People hold my father in high regard but i do not. He will always be a sinner and a person who could not give up material possession in his life eventhough he says he has no love for material things. Any fool could tell you that he was lying. He is in fact committed the unforgivable sin which is to turn from Christ. And today he was arguing saying that the next generation must be taught a lesson. They must be responsible and bla bla bla bla. I honestly couldnt be bothered anymore when my family speaks. They all say things that have no meaning. Today their opinion is such, tomorrow will be different. It is the fall of man that i speak of. Everyone is so interested in their own opinion that they do not follow the rules and will of God. This is pride in my view. I was born without much regard to myself. Its my personality. Thank God that i'm not a prideful man. I can truly say that humanity has taught me much. I have learnt from a lot of men but mostly from people my age. It's hard to believe that the current generation in their late 30's to early 50's have no sense. At least in my house. I've learned alot from fellow Christians, and from a lot of my family members but common sense is something i've learned on my own. Truly i think we need to shun from pride and seriously look at ourselves. We are a dying source of knowledge. People are more concerned with money than they are with humanity. My dad also said that he always had to walk to where he wanted to go and such. Making life sound really hard. Life is hard whether you like it or not. Its whether you have the guts to admit it and work your way around it. People will never be able to understand how another thinks because there is no such thing. Only God knows all. So look to Him and find that being humble and not boasting about your tough life. Give that a try. It might work.

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom -Proverbs 11:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home